Have RingCentral? Guess what! You can integrate it with ITBOOST!
It takes just a minute, and you can get it done in a fast three-part process:
1. Install the RingCentral Softphone
2. Setting Up the Launch URL
3. Enabling for the User
We’ll go over each part step-by-step.
PART 1: INSTALL THE RINGCENTRAL SOFTPHONE
- The first thing we need to do is enable the Softphone option so we can move forward. Log into your RingCentral account.
- On the Tools menu, select Softphone.
That was simple enough! Now, let’s download the software to your computer.
- Visit this URL: https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/desktop-apps/overview.html
- Here, you can start the download process. Download Softphone to your computer. Once it’s downloaded, launch the Softphone program.
- In the Softphone, look at the top-right corner of the window. What we want to click is Menu.
- Next, let’s click Options.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, click on the Calls category.
- Here’s where we enable the integration! Look for Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call. To the right of that entry is a toggle switch. If it is not toggled to the ON position, it will be gray in color. Click the toggle switch to the ON position. This will change the color to blue.
Okay! We’re done with that part. Now let’s set it up with your ITBOOST account.
PART 2: SETTING UP THE LAUNCH URL
- Now that you’ve enabled the option to launch an external app, you’ll have the chance to customize it. Click Customize.
- You should see a field here called Execute command. Inside the field should be a URL that looks something like this:
Here, we want to replace <<YourDomain>> with whatever your selected ITBOOST Subdomain is.
If your subdomain were “hybrid”, then you could replace <<YourDomain>> with hybrid, as seen below:
Great work! That takes care of the second part. Onto the third and final phase!
PART 3: ENABLING FOR THE USER
- Now, we need to jump back into the RingCentral admin portal.
- Once you’re in, select the user you want.
- Now, click Call Handling and Forwarding.
- Finally, toggle the First Ring (Desktop App and Smartphone) to ON.
And that did it! You’re incredible.
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledgebase for some more handy-dandy tips.