Let’s take a quick look at integrating Autotask management.
It’s really just a simple three-part process:
- Creating API User in Autotask
- Establishing Autotask Integration
- Selecting your syncing preferences
Once that’s done, you’re ready to go! We’ll go over each part step-by-step.
PART 1: CREATING API USER IN AUTOTASK
To start, we’ll need to create an API User for integration.
If you’ve already got a User you’d like to integrate, great! All you’ll need to do is to make sure the existing User has API User security level and a Resource ID. Don’t know how to do that? No worries. Just follow the following steps.
To create a new API User, just follow these steps:
- First, log into your Autotask account.
- When the Autotask menu comes up, look on the left navigation bar. At the bottom should be an option entitled ADMIN. Click on that.
- At this point, another menu should appear. What we want is the Resources (Users) option. Click that.
4. A new page should appear with several tabs. If you’re not already on the General tab, click it.
5. Here, just enter the info of the User you want to add. If there’s an asterisk (*) by the field, that means it’s a required field.
6. Once you’re done filling out the info on the General tab, click over to the Security tab. Here, you’ll add your User’s credentials and other details.
7. Now, this part is important! Make certain you set the Security Level to API User (system). Moreover, in the API Tracking Identifier section, select "ITBOOST - documentation platform" option from the Integration Vendor dropdown and click OK the confirmation prompt. Please double check this step, otherwise, this whole effort won’t really work.
8. Take a quick second to ensure all the required fields are filled, then click Save & Close.
9. After saving changes you need to copy resource Id of newly created API User:
And there we are! You can now integrate this user with ITBOOST!
But hang on – we’re not quite done yet. Let’s move on to Part 2 to learn exactly how to do the integration.
PART 2: ESTABLISH AUTOTASK INTEGRATION
1. First, we’ll log into the ITBOOST Portal.
2. Once you’re there, visit Organization Settings.
3. Next, click on Integrations.
4. Locate Autotask under PSA tab. Give that a click.
5. Now, we’re just where we need to be! Just enter your User’s Autotask integrator User Name, Password and Resource ID.
6. Now, click the Save button, and you should be in!
Whoops! Did this just pop up?
Take a breath. All is not lost. You probably just typed something wrong. Give it another try. If it still doesn’t work, let us know. If it does, perfect! You’ll see this notification:
Look at you, being all productive! Now, let’s get you set up on what you want synced.
PART 3: SELECTING YOUR SYNCING PREFERENCES
- Now, we’re to the easy part. First, you should see a screen similar to this one:
2. You’ll see lots of options for syncing. Just put a check mark by the ones you want to sync with ITBOOST.
3. In the upper right-hand corner, you’ll see an icon that looks like a piece of paper with a circular arrow around it. That’s the Update icon. Click that to save your selections.
4. And there you have it. The system has begun syncing the data. And don’t worry about closing the Sync Status window – that won’t cancel the sync, so you’re good. If you do decide to close the Sync Status window and want to check up on it later, just go to Organization Settings, then click Sync Status, and AUTOTASK.
5. This should take you to a screen which looks similar to this:
And you’re all done! See? Simple, right?
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledgebase for some more handy-dandy tips.