We hope you’re as excited about Two-Way Syncing as we are. It’s really cool! Two-Way Syncing is enabled by default, and it automatically pushes newly added records, like contacts, locations, configurations, etc. to your PSA. You can also edit an existing record, and the changes will also be instantly pushed to your PSA. Talk about handy!
A few things to remember:
- Only Admins can toggle Two-Way Syncing on and off
- Your PSA must already be integrated with a PSA (for example, with ConnectWise Manage) before it can be used
Here’s How to Globally Enable Two-Way Sync
Let’s look at the steps to follow to get Two-Way Sync globally set-up and ready to go.
First, log in to ITBOOST. (Need help? Click here!)
- In the upper right-hand corner, next to your avatar, click the Toolkit icon, then click on Organization Settings.
2. See the text reading ConnectWise Sync On Add? There’s a toggle right next to it. Click it on!
3. Click the Save icon in the top-right corner of your screen. Boom! You’re all set!
When you globally enable Two-Way Sync, it will automatically push new records added into ITBOOST to your PSA.
However, it will not push record changes which were added locally into ITBOOST, nor will it make changes to data imported before you enabled this option. This is a safety feature that prevents incorrect record updates and duplicate records.
But don’t worry – you can individually enable Two-Way Sync for these types of records.
How? Glad you asked!
1. First, navigate to the record you want synced
2. Go into Edit mode
3. Click the Two-Way Sync icon, located in the top-left corner
4. Click Save
“Hang on, I still have a few more questions.”
We thought you might. Have a quick look at our Sync FAQ. That should help.
“I already have data in ITBOOST. Will that be pushed to my PSA?”
Well, yes and no.
Will it happen automatically? No. We make it this way intentionally to prevent incorrect record updates and duplicate records.
However, you can set them to individually sync. For a walkthrough, see Step 1 above.
“How do I make imported data push to my PSA?”
The same way as above. Just follow those steps.
“Wait. Something’s wrong here. Something’s not syncing! What gives?”
Calm down. Don’t panic. We’ll get through this.
If something’s not syncing right, it may be that a Type or Status field is set to something ITBOOST is not currently set to integrate. This is totally (and, thankfully, easily) fixable.
- First, go to Organization Settings
- Next, click on Integration
Here, you can select the types or statuses you want to sync with your PSA.
Need a better idea of which Types and Statuses sync with ITBOOST? Have a look at Client Onboarding Instructions for some help there.
“Thanks, it’s working now. How fast will this sync?”
Well, that’s kind of a hard question.
As soon as Two-Way Sync is enabled, any and all record modifications stored in ITBOOST will be instantly pushed to your PSA. If you have a lot of changes, it’ll take a longer time. It really depends on the system load.
By the way, if you want to manually sync the PSA data, here’s how:
To Manually Sync PSA Data
- Visit Organization Settings
- Next, click on Integration
- Tap that Update icon
- Click the Force Update PSA Data toggle to switch it on
And there you have it – your sync has begun.
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledgebase for some more handy-dandy tips.