Sure, it can be a pain, but hey – it’s there to keep everyone safe and secure. And that’s the goal at ITBOOST – keeping you and your data safe. That’s why we offer Google Authentication with a two-factor verification process.
The first factor is the traditional password associated with your Username – or, in our case – your email address.
We’ll show you how to enable this, but we recommend you enable it on only one account.
In case you get locked out, Admins can access a check box in the User Edit screen to manually switch-off the Two-Factor Authentication.
How to Enable Two Step Verification:
First, Download and Install the mobile application (e.g. Google Authenticator) to the mobile device of your choice.
Now, log in to ITBOOST. (Need help? Click here!)
Now that that’s done, we have two options for you to activate MFA:
This method is recommended for NON-Admins. If you are an Administrator, we recommend using the Second Option below.
1. First, click on your User Avatar in the drop-down menu.
2. Next, select Two Factor Authentication.
3. Now, let’s open the installed application on your mobile device and use it to scan the QR code.
4. Next, we’ll enter the six-digit verification code in the provided field.
5. Now, enable the Google Authenticator.
6. Finally click Save.
This method is recommended for Admins, especially if you would like to make MFA a requirement on other accounts.
FUN FACT: When a user’s MFA has been activated by an Admin, the first time they log in, they’ll be given a QR code they can scan to verify their code.
1. Start by clicking the gear-shaped Toolkit.
2. Now, in the pop-up menu, let’s click Users.
3. Find the user you want to enable, then click Edit.
4. Last, put a check mark in the FORCE 2FA FOR THIS USER? field.
5. Click the Save button, and you’re done!
Now that we have MFA enabled, let’s log in!
1. At the Login screen, enter the user’s credentials.
2. Now, on your mobile device, open the Google Authenticator app.
3. The Google Authenticator App will give you a code. Type the Code into the provided field.
YOU’RE IN! Easy, huh?
By the way, did you know you can also use the Duo Authenticator with MFA? It's really easy!
Just download and install Duo Authenticator, then open it up!
Click Add Account, then you can scan the ITBOOST QR code, which will generate a verification code.
FUN FACT: the verification code will update automatically after every 30 seconds.
Now, whenever you’ll login to ITBOOST, you’ll get a verification code from this Authenticator application to enter, along with your Email and Password.
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledgebase for some more handy-dandy tips.