Next, let's create some roles and permissions to decide who should have access to what.
1. Log in to ITBOOST. (Need help? Click here!)
2. The top of your ITBOOST screen should look similar to this:
3. See that gear-shaped Toolkit icon next to your Avatar? Click that and a dropdown menu with appear.
4. Locate Security Control and click it!
Here, you'll create whatever types of roles you’d like.
At the top, you can choose between Internal and External Users
- For external users, set the User type as External. (External users have read-only access and don’t take up a license) You can create multiple External user types based on the permissions of your choosing.
- For multiple customers to have different permissions, simply create separate External User roles for them.
FUN FACT: If you add a new custom template, you'll need to go into the Roles List and update the permissions of that particular custom template. Don't know how to create a new custom template? Here you go!
Look at the progress you're making!
Now, let's take a closer look at how to apply roles and permissions.
First, we need to create rule definitions so ITBOOST can know which type of role gets access to what. We create rule definitions by clicking the plus sign (+) next to Rule Definitions.
That brings you to this screen:
So, for example, let's say you wanted to create a role for administrators.
First, we'd enter Admin under the Rule Name.
Under Functionalities, we give a brief description of conditions that should apply to assign a user this role.
If we have an existing Company Group to which this role should be applied, we can add them here.
FUN FACT: Don't already have a company group? You can create one here! Just click the plus sign (+) next to Select Users / Groups . . .
Click the Add New button . . .
Then name the new group, add users, and click Save. Presto! New company group!
Here's what you can select for each role:
- ALL - in the video game-world, this is known as "God Mode;" essentially, you can do anything and everything. Essentially, you COULD just check-off all the other permissions and get the same result, but ITBOOST is all about ease. So yes, checking one "ALL" box is easier
- READ - basically what it says: your user can read whatever you have, but can make no change
- CREATE - allows your users to add new material and data
- EDIT - this mode lets users correct or modify existing data
- DELETE - the "scorched earth" of permissions; this will send the user's account on its way to oblivion
Utilizing this tool, you really have the power to grant any role and permission you wish.
. . . which is actually even more like being in "God Mode," isn't it?
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledge base for some more handy-dandy tips.