What's a company without employees, right?
And for that matter, what is ITBOOST without Users?! Let's add some!
1. Log in to ITBOOST. (Need help? Click here!)
2. The top of your ITBOOST screen should look similar to this:
3. See that gear-shaped Toolkit icon next to your Avatar? Click that!
4. From the dropdown menu, locate Users and click it!
You'll create the users here.
FUN FACT: You’ll only be able to create an Active User for every licenses you purchased, including Internal Users, but not External Users. The discount still applies to any new users you add, so you can always add more. The total of licenses on your account is available on your Billing page.
By the way, you can easily switch views between your Internal Users and External Users by clicking the Switch button in the upper-right corner.
Ready to create a new user? Great! Just click the Add button on the lower-right.
That takes us to this screen:
Take a moment to fill in all the info for the user to the best of your ability, then click on the Save icon, then the Send Invite icon.
This sends an email invitation to the user you just created. Now all they have to do is click on the link to go to ITBOOST, then enter their password.
That works quite well for folks who are adding just a few users. But if you're adding more than that, you may prefer all the invites go out at the same time. If so, you can just click on Save and Close, then come back and send the invites when you're ready.
There are several different distinctions you can select from within both the User Type and the User Role. Here's what you should look for:
- Active Toggle: If this is on, they are an active user, which will require a license. If it's off, they're an inactive user, and won't need a license.
- Locked: This happens when one of your users can't quite remember their password and have entered a wrong one a time too many. Then, it's up to you (or an Admin) to jump in here to fix it. Then, tell them to just reset their password 'cause you don't want to have to do this again.
FUN FACT: If you or an Admin simply aren't available to unlock a user's account, they can reach out to us at ITBOOST and we can help from our end.
- TV User: Like an inactive user, a TV user doesn't require a license. This isn't really a user, per se. This is intended for a display monitor or television in your office so your people can keep an eye on things. You can even set up rotating dashboards.
- Google Authentication: For enhanced security, you may choose to require your users to two-factor authentication (2FA) to keep the bad guys out. Enabling Google Authentication requires the user set it up on their account before they can log in.
FUN FACT: External users will have a field where they can select multiple companies to give the users access.
And there you have it, folks.
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledge base for some more handy-dandy tips.