Let’s take a quick look at integration Panorama9 to ITBOOST containing data about CPU, memory, networks etc.
Syncing with ITBOOST can take up to 1-hour depending upon your data in Panorama9
Panorama9 Portal Instructions
You must have an API Token to integrate Panorama9 in ITBOOST
To get API Token follow these steps
a) Login to your Panorama9 Portal
b) Head over to the Extensions
c) Enable API
d) It will generate API Token
Integration with ITBOOST
It’s really just a simple three-part process:
Enter your RMM credentials
Once that’s done, you’re ready to go! We’ll go over each part step-by-step.
STEP 1: Enter your RMM credentials
1. Log in to ITBOOST.(Need help? Click here!)
2. The top of your ITBOOST screen should look similar to this:
3. See that gear-shaped Toolkit icon next to your Avatar? Click that!
4. A dropdown menu will appear.
5. Locate Integrations and click it!
6. Click the RMM beta tab.
7. Click the Panorama9 option.
8. Enter the URL and API TOKEN then click the Save button.
FUN FACT: Well, this one honestly isn't so "fun," but it's important. If for any reason these credentials fail, syncing will not begin until the credentials are correctly entered.
9. You're in? Great! The sync has begun! It should look something like this:
You'll be able to easily tell when it's done because the status column changes from "Syncing…" to "Completed."
FUN FACT: The initial sync will usually complete in less than an hour, depending on the size of your data.
Easy enough, right? On to step two!
STEP 2: Organization matching
A really cool feature in ITBOOST is that it can discover existing entries of organizations and configurations, then take steps to match them to the data in your account.
It's pretty thorough, but anything that doesn't get automatically matched will need to be manually mapped.
Here's how to do it:
From the Organization menu, find Mapping and Merging option in the list, then click on Panorama9 Company Mapping.
Start with the Companies and review unmapped organizations.
If you’re happy with the suggested mappings, click the Save button to accept it.
Continue this way through all unmapped organizations until all are mapped.
"No, wait!! One of those was wrong! How do I fix it??"
Take it easy. If you change your mind about any of the matches, just click Panorama9 COMPANY MAPPING again, then just manually search for the correct entry.
Almost done now!
STEP 3: Configuration MAPPING
Now, let's match configurations the same way you matched organizations!
1. To begin, click on Panorama9 Configuration Mapping again, then pick a matched organization. It will expand and show all the configurations in columns.
2. You can then match configurations from ITB to Panorama9. ITB suggestions will appear next to every configuration.
3. Make a quick review of your matched devices to make sure everything looks okay.
4. Next, start mapping any remaining configurations until all are matched or not-matched.
FUN FACT: If you want them to populate from ITBOOST to your PSA, we really don't recommend you create configurations from your RMM. Why? They won't sync with your PSA unless you choose EACH INDIVIDUAL ONE to do so manually. No thanks, right?! Remember: ITBOOST is all about making your life EASIER, not making you want to throw yourself out the nearest window.
5. Just keep going until each organization's configurations are all in action.
And that does it! See how easy that was? You deserve a treat. Go get yourself a slice of pie or something.
Need some more help? Click here to head back to the knowledgebase for some more handy-dandy tips.