We'd like to take a moment to run through the most important aspects of ITBOOST . . . things like your knowledgebase, custom assets, and core assets. Things like that.
These are the things that keep your business running, and the last thing you need is for them to be in a big, jumbled mess. At ITBOOST, we have a thing about tidiness, and we want to extend that to you, thereby giving you and your people a much easier, structured way to get things done.
We'll show you how to make a infrastructure you'll quickly wonder how you ever lived without it before. Your information will be right at your fingertips, saving you time, money, and lots of general frustration.
Let's take a look:
Anything that works with or alongside the things you manage for customers.
- Configurations - basically, if it has an IP address, it can be captured by a configuration. Things like assets or devices that link into your network are configurations. However, just because something doesn't have an IP address doesn't automatically mean it's not a configuration! Devices that need to be hard-wired into systems but can still be managed when plugged-in are also configurations
- Contacts - quite simply, people you speak with at businesses you manage
- Locations - documentation of addresses and presence of clients' businesses, data centers, or other places management is needed
- Passwords - validates the credentials of a user attempting to log in and manage their account/configurations/data, etc.
- Domain Tracker - automatically retrieves and stores data from entered domains, such as expiry dates and DNS entries
- SSL Tracker - automatically retrieves and stores public details of certificate information that is SSL-secured
All configurations, contacts, and locations may be populated through the PSA. Otherwise, you can manually do so by importing them from an RMM, a spreadsheet, or by hand.
FUN FACT: ITBOOST plays best with only the data you really need to import. Please double-check lists and data before importing, especially if they're coming from other systems. If there's a bunch of unnecessary data included, it makes things more difficult. Just make sure your lists and imports contain only what you want to keep, then send it on!
Once you have all your core assets in order, you can organize them and make them more useful with flexible assets.
ITBOOST can link core assets together to create a unique symbiosis, helping create process reduction and even automation. This is done by using customizable forms and fields called Custom Assets. We use custom assets to keep data about your services and applications documented. The nice thing about them is that you can totally customize them to however you need them.
- Business Rules - create customized rules and regulations for access or management of certain data, documents, or configurations
- Checklists - lists created to address necessary steps needed to be taken in certain situations or events
- Documentation - things such as expiry dates and licensing agreements
ITBOOST has taken many steps and measures to make the creation and utilization of all flexible assets as simple as possible, including the easy importation of existent data from spreadsheets.
Now that you've got your core and flexible assets taken care of, let's get into your documents, or knowledge base.
Any documentation you and your team use, whether long or short-form, internal privileged or external public, can be added to ITBOOST -- and thereby completely indexable, meaning you can link them to any asset or configuration you deem helpful. Likewise, you can also perform searches which will find items within your documentation, as well.
At ITBOOST, we pride ourselves on our advanced level of client customization. From the global dashboard to the company dashboard, from the left menu bar to the main navigation bar, we've got you covered.
There are lots more articles on how to fully utilize the customizations within ITBOOST at the link at the bottom of this article.
Need More Help?
We're all about help here, folks. Besides all the steps we've taken to ensure we provide you with the best support possible, we've also created lots and lots of "handy-dandy" (you'll see we use that term a lot) tips in our knowledgebase. You can access them all here.
Now, it looks like you're ready to get started. If you haven't already, have a look at our article on Getting Started with ITBOOST.
Hope you'll have fun browsing through the help sections. We know IT articles tend to not be the most exciting or hilarious things in the world to read . . .
. . . but because we love you so much, we've tried to make them as entertaining as possible. If you smile and laugh, great!
If you don't . . . eh, well, we tried.